Somehow, I become the owner of the US stock of TX-500s, but at a steep markup, so just adding a bit more to cover the postage and handling, and don’t know how long this will last. Shipping is free in the US, but there are extra charges for international orders. TX-500 verbiage below…
Lab599 Discovery TX-500
Lab599 Discovery radio tailored for adventure, for extremes,
for using in places unattainable before, with no sacrifice of performance or features.
General coverage receiver
0.5 — 56 MHz
Adjustable output power
Digital Hi-Performance Filtering
(4 receive, 2 transmit)
48 kHz Build-in Hi-Speed
and Firmware Update via USB
CW and Voice
CW and Voice
The Lab599 Discovery unique form-factor allows you to operate from anywhere. The transceiver is only 30 mm thick, including knobs, weighing only 0.55 kg. Fold out the kickstands at the rear for use on a desktop or picnic table.
Discovery TX-500 has 11 discrete RF bandpass filters. The RF signal is only passed through one of the band-pass filters — any out-of-range signals are rejected.
The transceiver features a built-in high-performance panadapter, for better search for new contacts and evaluation of band conditions — wherever you are, at any time.
The transceiver’s body is made of durable aluminum by the method of precision milling, to ensure a unique shock protection and provide good heat removal from the output part of the transmitter.
To achieve high sensitivity of the transceiver, separate functional units are isolated from mutual influence and external interference by partitioning walls installed in the device case.
Thanks to the liquid-protected housing and the absence of through-holes, spatter resistant plugs, valcoders with sealing rings, the transceiver will work reliably in extreme conditions, giving you real pleasure from traveling.
The case is also covered with a layer of black anodizing substance, to maintain an attractive appearance for a long time, even during extreme operation.
- 160-6-meter ham bands;
- General ‘receive’ coverage 0.5 – 56.0MHz;
- All modes: SSB, CW, DIG, AM, FM;
- High-performance 32-bit floating-point DSP;
- Current drain as low as 100 mA in ‘receive’ mode (backlight on, preamp off, no signal);
- External power supply DC 9-15V, 1 to 3A typical in transmit;
- High-contrast LCD with 256×128px;
- High-performance real-time panadapter (48 kHz wide);
- On-line firmware updates;
- Rear folding kickstands for viewing angle and transportation;
- Ultra-compact size (H×W×D): 90mm (3.5″) × 207mm (8.1″) × 21mm (0.8 “);
- Weight: 0.55Kg (19,4oz).
* Specifications apply only within ham bands except as noted.
All measurements taken with 13.8 VDC supply